There is a time when a problem on your iPhone 12 can only be solved by resetting it to its factory settings. The question is how to do that? This article will help you to learn more about how to factory reset iPhone 12. We have easy methods to do the factory reset on this device in just several steps. Let’s start!
How to reset iPhone 12 to factory settings
So, how do i factory reset my iPhone 12? You can use the steps below to get your iPhone 12 back to its original setting. It is useful for you who want to sell or give your phone to other people. Here are the steps to factory reset your iPhone 12.
- Turn off the iCloud and Find My iPhone feature. You can do this by opening Settings. Then click your name to open your Apple ID page. On the bottom part, choose the Sign Out button. It is necessary. So, after factory reset it, the phone won’t get locked.
- Return to the main page of Settings.
- Tap the General tab.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the Reset option. Tap it to open the factory reset page.
- Choose Erase All Content and Settings.
- You may be asked to enter your iPhone Passcode. Enter it to proceed to the next steps.
- On the next popup windows, the system will warn you that you are going to erase and factory reset your iPhone. Click the Erase iPhone option on the bottom page to continue.
- The process takes several minutes. Once it reboots, that is the sign that the factory reset is succeed.
Things You Should Know
When you do the factory reset iPhone 12, you have to understand that it will erase all your saved files and application. However, you don’t need to worry about its operating system. The operating system will work well like when you just bought that phone. Therefore, even if you do this factory reset several times, your phone won’t have any problem with it. It is just like a way to return its condition.
Because it will erase all your data, make sure you backup, save, or transfer your data to other devices or storage. Once you reset your phone, you won’t be able to restore your data. It is also the same with your account. log out all accounts that you have been signed-in on your iPhone 12. So, you can avoid your phone gets locked. If you sell it to other people, they can’t open it and may get access to your activated account.
That is everything that you need to know about how to factory reset iPhone 12. As you can see, it is easy to do that. However, before you decide to factory reset your iPhone 12 make sure you think about it carefully. Find the solution for the problem before you reset it. That way, you don’t have to sacrifice your precious files on your phone.