Are you planning on travelling or moving abroad but don’t want to give up your love for Netflix? Unfortunately, there are some countries where Netflix is not available due to licensing restrictions and government regulations.If you’re curious to know which country doesn’t allow Netflix, keep reading.
Countries Without Netflix
As of 2021, the following countries do not have access to Netflix:
|North Korea||Government censorship|
|Syria||U.S. government embargo|
|Crimea||U.S. government embargo|
How to Watch Netflix if It’s Not Available in Your Country
If you’re in a country where Netflix is not available, but you still want to access it, there are a few options available to you:
- Use a VPN: A VPN (Virtual Private Network) allows you to change your IP address and connect to servers in other countries. This way, you can access Netflix as if you were in a different country.
- Use a DNS Proxy: A DNS (Domain Name System) proxy is similar to a VPN, but instead of encrypting your traffic, it only reroutes your DNS queries so that they appear to come from another country.
- Borrow Someone Else’s Account: If you have friends or family living in a country where Netflix is available, you can ask to use their account.
Why Netflix is Not Available in Some Countries
The reason why Netflix is not available in some countries varies:
- Licensing Restrictions: Netflix has to negotiate with content owners in each country to be able to offer their movies and TV shows. Sometimes, content owners have already sold exclusive rights to other providers, or they simply don’t want their content to be available in certain countries.
- Government Regulations: In some countries, the government actively blocks access to foreign services like Netflix to control the information and media that its citizens can consume.
- Embargoes: Some countries, like Syria and Crimea, are under U.S. government sanctions that prohibit American companies from doing business with them.
Unfortunately, Netflix is not available in every country due to licensing restrictions, government regulations, and embargoes. However, with the help of a VPN or DNS proxy, you can still access Netflix from anywhere in the world.Remember to respect the laws and regulations of the country you are in and use these methods at your own risk.