If you have the new Apple iPhone, for sure you want to know all single things about the technology and features there. You want these features to work properly to complete your lifestyle. You can use some commonly used features such as Email, iCloud, Calendar, and Visual Voicemail. Today, we will guide you to set up email account on iPhone 12.
Complete guide to set up email on iPhone 12
There are two types of email services, the free email (Google’s Gmail, YahooMail, iCloud, and others) and the corporate email from your company (Requires manual setup).
How to add email account on your iPhone 12 – for free email
To use the free email, you do not need the all server setting. Only by using your username and password, it is easy to set it on your phone. It is like an automatic setup. Below, there are the simple steps you can follow:
- The Setting screen provides you several options. Tap to choose mail from the options.
- To continue, tap Accounts.
- You are entering the Accounts screen. Tap Add Account. Your phone will display the list of email providers.
- Select your Email account or Email Provider from the list displayed on your phone. If you do not find your email provider in the list, tap Other and choose Add Mail Account.
- Note: To continue the process, you must follow the instructions on your screen and provide the needed information if you want to configure your account. If you do not know about your email settings, it is better to contact your carrier or email provider. Alternatively, use the Mail Settings Lookup from your carriers online.
- Select Google to continue the demonstration.
- Enter your Gmail account on the field and then choose Next.
- Enter the password for your account. Choose Next, and wait for a second. Mail works to verify your account.
- Set the account sync options. It is fine if you leave this step. The step is optional.
- Complete the process by Tapping Save.
How to add email account on your iPhone 12 – for corporate email
It means you need to enter the incoming and the outgoing server settings to the port numbers. Below, there are the steps to add corporate email manually:
- Go to Settings, choose Mail, choose Add Account, choose Other, choose Add Mail Account.
- Complete all the required information including your email address, password, and the server settings.
- Tap Next to continue.
- Adjust the account sync options including Contacts and Calendars based on your preferences.
- Tap Save, the process is completed.
Enter account settings manually
If Mail can’t find your email settings, then you need to enter them manually. Tap Next, then follow these steps:
- Choose IMAP or POP for your new account. If you aren’t sure which one to choose, contact your email provider.
- Enter the information for Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server. Then tap Next. If you don’t have this information, try to look it up.
- If your email settings are correct, tap Save to finish. If the email settings are incorrect, you’ll be asked to edit them.
If you still can’t set up your email account or save your email settings, contact your email provider.
Those are the simple guide to set up email account on your iPhone 12 for both free email and corporate email.